If your young ripper has some experience on a balance bike, is a little taller and/or is familiar with riding a STACYC Stability Cycle and needs a larger platform than the 12" model, the 16eDrive is for them!
The upgraded motor adds noticeable low-end power and torque providing more aggressive riding across more varied terrain.
Get them rolling in the non-powered mode while they learn to push and balance the bike then coast, too. Don't be surprised by how much they'll enjoy this phase. With your guidance, they will develop an understanding of the brake and proficiency with its use. They will also become confidant to coast and brake while standing. Soon, they'll be ready to graduate to powered mode.
Having graduated to powered mode, your young rider will start in a speed-limited setting (Low/Training) providing speeds similar to those they achieved while pushing the bike in the non-powered mode. They will learn to use the twist throttle and perform long coasting turns with constant throttle. As the fun continues and their confidence soars, you have two additional modes the bike can be set for.
Get your child outdoors where all of you will have many hours fun and enjoyment while they develop balance, eye-hand coordination, and get great exercise, too!
The 16" model is best suited for rippers who are/have:
- Some experience on a balance bike
- A little taller and/or are familiar with Stacyc Stability Cycles and need a larger platform
- 4 to 8 years-old
- Under 75 pounds
- 18" to 24" inseam
- Aluminum TIG-welded frame, heat treated
- High-output brushless electric motor
- 16" composite wheels with pneumatic tires
- 17" seat height
- Steel, BMX-style fork
- Weighs 20 lbs (with battery)
High Output Brushless Motor and Drive System
- 20% more power than the original 16eDrive
- 10% more efficient than the original 16eDrive
- Increased durability
- No fuse
- Power selection modes:
- Low/Training ~5 mph
- Medium/Standard ~7.5 mph
- High/Advanced ~13 mph (with stock gear ratio)
- Motor and controller are thermally protected
- BMX chain and freewheel
- Industrial grade Lithium battery and charger
- 20V max (18V nominal)
- 30 to 60 minute run time**
- 45 to 60 minute charge time
- Quick connect/disconnect battery
- 1 battery and charger included
*A high-capacity 5Ah battery is available separately
**Run-time will depend on factors such as terrain, skill level, etc. They are estimates and will vary.